By: Travis Wilkerson (Surf City Cyclery)
Mountain Bike Racing in Orange County – Mid-Week @ Irvine Lake
Orange County Mountain Bikers’ own local race series!
Over the Hump Mountain Bike Race Series kicked off our inaugural season in 2009 with 2 races. Both sold out! That lit the fire. 2010′s 12 races had 1,500 people racing. This summer it could be you who catches the mountain bike racing bug!
OTH is designed to be a fun, relaxed event for everyone. Our race course has been designed to challenge all levels of riders, and give you a great place to experience the fun and excitement of mountain bike racing. Our beautiful course offers a variety of scenic terrain with views of Irvine Lake and Santa Ana Mountain Range. Ride through the pine trees above the lake to single track along the cottonwoods. Easily accessible after work from all over Orange County.
Come out and give racing a try, or just enjoy the buzz! Looking forward to seeing you out there with us.
- Everyone is welcome! Beginners to Experienced racers.
- Great first race to try Mountain Bike Racing, and challenging race for the experienced rider.
- Exclusive Mountain Bike Race track available only to Over the Hump racers.
- Fun and Competitive.
- Highly visible track for your personal support team (AKA family and friends)
- Bring the whole family out for the fun! Picnic area, grass, tons of shade, and full restrooms all right at the water.